Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato Skillet
Ground Beef Zucchini Sweet Potato SkilletThis ground beef zucchini sweet potato skillet is gluten-free, Whole30 friendly meal that's ready in less than 30 minutes and only needs one. Southwestern sweet potato and ground beef skillet, loaded with fresh ... I've made it with zucchini and yellow squash, or Brussels sprouts would. 1 garlic clove, minced. ½ cup onions. ½ cup red bell pepper. 2 ½ cup sweet potato, diced (cut very small). ¼ cup beef broth or water. 1 medium zucchini. Mouth-watering beef, summer squash and sweet potato curry ready in just 30. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 ... Cover; cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until potato and zucchini are just tender. To ensure maximum freshness and flavor, keep ground spices for only 1 year.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound organic extra-lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove — minced
- ½ cup onions — diced (cut very small)
- ½ cup red bell peppers — diced
- 2½ cups sweet potatoes — diced
- ¼ cup beef broth or water
- 1 medium zucchini — quartered
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup tomato passata or tomato sauce of your choice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper — optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley — chopped, for garnishing
For The Meal Prep
- 5 cups cauliflower rice
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and garlic. Use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef while it cooks. Stir occasionally, and cook for about 7 minutes until the meat is no longer pink. Remove the meat from the pan, and set aside.
- Add the onions, red bell peppers to the same skillet, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are soft. If necessary, add a little bit of olive oil to help sauté the veggies.
- Add the sweet potatoes and beef broth. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Put a lid on the skillet. The steam will help cook the sweet potatoes faster. Stir occasionally.
- Add the zucchini, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Return the ground beef to the skillet, and mix everything together.
- Add the Dijon, tomato passata, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Place an even amount of cauliflower rice into 5 different plastic/glass containers.
- Divide the ground beef zucchini sweet potato recipe into 5 portions.
- Cover with the lid, and place in the fridge for up 5 days.
- Heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes.