Red, White and Blue Fourth of July Poke Cake
Red, White and Blue Fourth of July Poke CakeThis Red White and Blue Poke Cake is filled with strawberry Jello and topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries. It's an easy summer dessert that's perfect for the Fourth of July or any patriotic holiday! Celebrate the Fourth of July with a dessert that's red, white and beautiful! A simple cake-mix becomes an instant hit at your next summer gathering. Red White & Blue Poke cake! Perfect for 4th of July, this cake is easy to make and always moist & delicious! Red, White & Blue Poke Cake Prepare each box of Jell-o using 1 cup of boiling water + 1/2 cup of cold water. (This is 1/2 cup less cold water than what is called for on package instructions.) Carefully pour or spoon the blue Jell-o over a portion of the cake. Take care to get the liquid into the holes.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and whole eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 box (3 oz) Jell-O™ strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 box (3.3 oz) Jell-O™ white chocolate-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Prevent your screen from going dark while you cook.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 13x9-inch pan. Cool on cooling rack 20 minutes.
- With tines of fork, poke holes almost to bottom of warm cake about every 1/2 inch. In medium bowl, stir gelatin and boiling water until dissolved. Stir in cold water. Carefully pour mixture evenly over top of cake. Refrigerate, loosely covered, at least 3 hours but no longer than 12 hours until serving time.
- In large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with whisk until blended and smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Drop by spoonfuls over top of cake; carefully spread until even. Arrange strawberries and blueberries on top of cake to look like flag. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.